childrensbookradio

Children's Video Books on India

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

#16 Wikis

I have looked at and used wikipedia a great deal. I find that from it's inception that the information has become more accurate but still there are some errors out there so I try if possible to verify what I find there with another more reliable source. I looked at a few of the wikis used by libraries. I really liked the ones that had book reviews by different people. I can see that this would be useful for libraries to allow not just a select few librarians to add reviews but also to the general reading public. Wikis provide more access to more people. It's interesting to note that the style of the wiki is flexible as well. Some were more user friendly in their look. I found the Merlin one very bland in presentation. The worrisome aspect are the spammers who seem to get their ads into the wikis - I guess we'd really have to have some good blocking software.

No comments:

Post a Comment